Region tour to Asheville in 2018
SAVE THE DATES
Have you been considering a long-distance road trip in your Porsche? Did you miss signing up for the Ashville Treffen to be held this September because it filled up immediately (BTW: That’s a testimony to the allure of the area)? Then you may want to save the dates for an alternative trip in May.
Specifically, the dates would be Sunday, May 20, through Sunday, May 27, 2018. This trip is planned expressly to allow you to cross off some bucket-list items. Here are some of the likely highlights:
- Caravan with other Porsches on the drive….there’s always comfort in numbers, as well as the camaraderie with other Porsche People
- Drive the famous “Tail-of-the Dragon”
- Have lunch at the historic Tapoco Lodge at the Tail’s south end
- Visit Gatlinburg, TN (or not….it may be too commercial for some)
- Drive the crest road over the Smoky Mountains
- Spend multiple days/nights in Asheville, NC
- Visit Biltmore Estate, and/or do your own thing
- Drive many twisting miles on the Blue Ridge Parkway
- Flexibility to schedule your time, the way you want, or keep with the group.
More details will be coming out in the following months, but if you are interested in being added to the list to receive updates as they develop, send a brief email to Tour Committee Chair Alan Wagner at: email@example.com and be sure to save the week on your calendar!